Top-Tier Analyst Firms Offer Views on Cloud Computing & Enterprise Collaboration
Gartner recently announced their picks for the top 10 technology trends of 2010. These trends signify the strategic technologies with potential to have significant impact on the enterprise in the next three years
2 February 2010
Gartner recently announced their picks for the top 10 technology trends of 2010. These trends signify the strategic technologies with potential to have significant impact on the enterprise in the next three years. Top among these technologies is cloud computing, a technology delivery and consumption model for IT resources and services that is enabled by the internet, with "Software as a Service" as one of the major components of this new paradigm.
We believe the designation of this "trend/technology" by Gartner as one of the top 10 that will impact the enterprise in the next three years serves as validation of Intralinks' core value proposition as one of the earliest providers of Software as a Service with its 12 year history. Intralinks, as the leading provider of SaaS-based critical information exchange services, brings together content management, collaboration and workflow technologies to address our clients' needs around their mission critical business processes. In fact, Intralinks is proud to report what prominent analyst firms like Gartner, IDC and Forrester say in reports they published in the past 12 months:
- Gartner named Intralinks the leading teaming and social software company for the third year in a row. (June 2009, "Market Trends: Web Conferencing, Teaming and Social Software.")
- Gartner named Intralinks as one of seven representative SaaS solutions in the enterprise software market for team collaboration. (November 2009 "Market Trends: SaaS Worldwide, 2008-2013, Update.")
- In a recent report on enterprise team collaboration entitled "The Next Wave of Business Collaboration" Intralinks is positioned as a "major brand" alongside Cisco, Novell, Oracle, Open Text and EMC. (December 2009, "The Next Wave of Business Collaboration: The convergence of Social Software and Enterprise Collaboration Platform.")
- Forrester called Intralinks "A pioneer in cloud-based cross-organizational collaboration. Intralinks cut its teeth on managing complex financial interactions like mergers and acquisitions. The diligence required in security, privacy, and auditability in these complex environments is highly relevant to all cross-organizational collaboration." (April 2009, "LotusLive Drives Knowledge Continuity For Cross-Organizational Collaboration.")
- Forrester described Intralinks as "a company in the early stages of adopting the SaaS model, allowing it to offer compelling" key benefits of enterprise content management "such as collaboration across physically distributed locations and access from anywhere." (March 2009, "TechRadar™ For Sourcing & Vendor Management Professionals: Software-as-a-Service.")
We believe that these statements, made by first-tier analyst firms, provide strong, objective third-party reflection of the value we bring to our clients as the leading provider of SaaS-based critical information exchange solutions.