CollaboristaBlog Roundup August 29
Your guide to interesting data sharing, security, and privacy news. This week features file sync and share insights and information security improvements,
30 August 2014
By Shawn Zubin
Welcome to your weekly guide on the most interesting data sharing, security, and privacy news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the updates, we do it for you. Here’s a roundup of the latest and most popular topics to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- Freemium file sync and share isn’t really free. Find out what it costs your business .
- Just because your consumer file sync and share application is good for your family vacation pictures, that doesn’t mean it’s the right tool to store your business information. Find out why.
- Maybe we should really be calling it the “Data Breach of the Week Club.” Another data breach was reported this month, and this one might just be the second largest HIPAA breach ever.
- InformationWeek is trying to help healthcare companies prevent data breaches by sharing these 10 security improvement tips.
- We keep hearing about big brand data breaches, but we never thought The U.S. Department of Homeland Security would be on the list. There’s food for thought …
- With all the recent security breaches and theft, Gartner predicts information security spending will top $71 billion this year.
Thanks for joining us, and stay tuned to our blog for more news each week.