CollaboristaBlog Roundup August 15
Your guide to interesting data sharing, security, and privacy news and events. This week features data location, information rights management and more.
15 August 2014
By Meagan Parrish and Shawn Zubin
Welcome to your weekly guide on the most interesting data sharing, security, and privacy news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the updates, we do it for you. Here’s a roundup of the latest and most popular topics to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- A judge has definitely opened up a Pandora’s box when it comes to overseas data storage. Learn more about this ominous ruling.
- Is it time to tell Edward Snowden to move over and make room for another high profile U.S. whistleblower? New documents are hitting the Web and the indications are that there’s a mole behind it.
- Your information technology and security teams aren’t the only ones who need to fret about data security. Dealmakers should make sure their company's security is top-notch too. New research from Value Walk reveals that cyber breaches reduce deal value.
- RATs, and bears and … botnets, oh my! Realize just how insidious a botnet network is and how to protect yourself.
- Hackers may or may not have accessed billions of records. The jury is still out. Either way, it’s always a good time to think about security to avoid being a victim.
Thanks for joining us, and stay tuned to our blog for more news each week.