DealCloserBlog Roundup August 22
Your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
22 August 2014
By Meagan Parrish and Shawn Zubin
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the dealmaking updates, we do it for you. Each week we will share the top stories featured on our blog to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- When it comes to M&A advice, tech giants are starting to just wing it, notes DealBook. “Sixty-nine percent of American tech acquisitions worth more than $100 million this year did not use an investment bank,” according to Dealogic.
- M&A momentum is back — and the North America power and utilities industry is having a record quarter for deal volume and value, compared to the previous quarter and year-over-year.
- If you didn’t see our blog about the impact of security breaches on M&A deals, check out Treasury and Risk’s article on Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer’s recent survey. It confirms that data breaches pose a real threat to deals.
- What promising country for M&A opportunities is behind door number 1? Check out this week’s M&A dating game to find out. (Hint: Spain occupied it until 1975.)
- An app for finding the perfect M&A match? Bloomberg BusinessWeek reports on Web based deal sourcing mobile applications. These types of apps include Intralinks DealNexus, which attracts deal-hungry investment bankers and private equity firms.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned to our blog each week for more highlights.
Meagan Parrish is the Senior Manager of Social Media at Intralinks. She is responsible for social media strategy development and the communications for Intralinks' online communities. Meagan has been creating social media strategies for a variety of companies across verticals for the past several years. She holds Bachelor degrees in Marketing and Finance, with a minor in English Literature.