DealCloserBlog Roundup August 8
Your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
8 August 2014
By Marc Songini and Shawn Zubin
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the dealmaking updates, we do it for you. Each week we will share the top stories featured on our blog to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- Ambitious? Smart? Want to get rich? Can live with sleep deprivation, and having a personal life is optional for you? Then you could be a successful investment banker. Read about what life is like “drinking from a fire hose every day.”
- In our fourth round of the M&A dating game, see what promising opportunity (but obscure country) lies behind door number one. Hint: Napoleon lived there and it’s not France…
- Want to predict the future of the M&A market? Take a look at our crystal ball for forecasts about six months ahead. For an intro, you can view this video featuring industry expert Matt Porzio, sharing insights from the Intralinks Deal Flow Indicator, a unique predictor of early-stage M&A activity.
- Didn’t you know? Bad cybersecurity can sink deals. Read more to see why dealmakers should take precaution against cyber threats so their deals won’t fall through.
- Did you notice how global private equity is smashing records with cash lying around just about everywhere? Try thinking outside the box to hopefully make some very profitable deals.
- Are you considering selling a company? Ever wonder if and how the age of the CEO will affect the deal? Young versus old — which is better for M&A? Depends on your objectives: Read the pros and cons.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned to our blog each week for more highlights.