DealCloserBlog Roundup August 15
Your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
15 August 2014
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the dealmaking updates, we do it for you. Each week we will share the top stories featured on our blog to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- The tech deals keep on rolling with Facebook's latest acquisition of video ad service LiveRail. Based on data in the latest Intralinks Deal Flow Indicator (DFI) report, we should expect to see more deals get announced in the technology sector within the next six months.
- In today's competitive market, branding has become a crucial component of a hedge fund's perceived quality. Read this blog to learn why.
- The M&A market has seen a significant increase in the number of announced deals so far this year. Find out what factors are contributing to the boom.
- "Deal or no deal?" Two big telecom and media deals — Sprint Corp-T-Mobile U.S. Inc. and 21st Century Fox-Time Warner — crashed and burned recently. But don't worry, 2014's M&A momentum isn't gone.
- Shareholder activism is on the rise. Find out how shareholder activists could considerably influence the 2014 M&A landscape.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned to our blog each week for more highlights.
Meagan Parrish is the Senior Manager of Social Media at Intralinks. She is responsible for social media strategy development and the communications for Intralinks' online communities. Meagan has been creating social media strategies for a variety of companies across verticals for the past several years. She holds Bachelor degrees in Marketing and Finance, with a minor in English Literature.