CollaboristaBlog Roundup September 5
Your guide to interesting data sharing, security, and privacy news. This week features data security tips, IRM insights and recent hacks in the news.
5 September 2014
Welcome to your weekly guide on the most interesting data sharing, security, and privacy news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the updates, we do it for you. Here’s a roundup of the latest and most popular topics to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- Who (besides a hermit) this past week could avoid hearing about the iCloud photo hacks? To ensure you’re protected, here are five steps you can take now to secure your content in the cloud.
- Reports surfaced that Home Depot allegedly suffered a data breach. Yet another retailer stung by hackers …
- Two takes on the interesting and helpful security technology called information rights management (IRM). The first discusses how IRM can help you protect your content for as long as the content lasts …
- And the second: It’s 11 p.m. and do you know where your content is? Well think of IRM as a GPS-like tracking capability for documents that lets you pinpoint their location and who is viewing them.
- Did you know October is the 2014 European Cyber Security Month? The calendar was just released — and it looks pretty interesting. We like the motto for this year: “Online security requires your participation.”
Thanks for joining us, and stay tuned to our blog for more news each week.