DealCloserBlog Roundup September 19
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting corporate development, alternative investments, and M&A news. This week features cross-border and mega-deals.
19 September 2014
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the dealmaking updates, we do it for you. Each week we will share the top stories featured on our blog to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- It’s a good time for M&A, particularly in the pharmaceutical, healthcare, and biotech sectors. For instance, in this past year, life sciences M&A has “exploded,” as the latest Intralinks Deal Flow Indicator (DFI) report states.
- The one billion-dollar-and-up deal has returned. The 2014 Australian Public M&A report says that billion-dollar deals made up “one in five announced transactions” in the financial period ending June 30, 2014.
- And speaking of billion-dollar announced deals, did you hear SAP AG bought Concur Technologies for $8.3 billion? We suspect SAP will be able to expense this deal …
- Is red tape slowing down cross-border transactions? Afraid so, says dealmakers. While increased globalization presents many cross-border opportunities, the regulatory approvals are becoming serious roadblocks.
- What’s the outlook for private equity fundraising? Learn how it’s played out so far this year.
- Miss this week’s biggest transactions? Check out Benzinga’s weekly M&A chatter to catch up on the latest buzz.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned to our blog each week for more highlights.
Meagan Parrish is the Senior Manager of Social Media at Intralinks. She is responsible for social media strategy development and the communications for Intralinks' online communities. Meagan has been creating social media strategies for a variety of companies across verticals for the past several years. She holds Bachelor degrees in Marketing and Finance, with a minor in English Literature.