CollaboristaBlog Roundup October 24
Welcome to your weekly guide on data security and privacy updates. This week features new file sharing research by Ponemon Institute and cybersecurity news.
25 October 2014
Welcome to your weekly guide on the most interesting data sharing, security, and privacy news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the updates, we do it for you. Here’s a roundup of the latest and most popular topics to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- According to new research conducted by Ponemon Institute, many organizations today do not have visibility into which file sharing applications are being used by employees. Check out our blog to read the research highlights and find out the risks of unsanctioned file sharing.
- Many information technology executives are focusing on enabling secure document collaboration within their organizations. They want a secure collaboration tool that meets compliance standards, but is easily adoptable by end users. So, does the Holy Grail exist?
- As a matter of fact, the Holy Grail can exist. Some collaboration solutions available today can enable productivity and be secure. Our latest and most powerful release, Intralinks VIATM 2.0, addresses the pressing needs of today’s highly mobile work forces.
- We all know that information security is important. But what are some of the biggest cybersecurity threats of 2014? Check out Forbes' recent article to find out.
- And speaking of cybersecurity, Wall Street's trade group, the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), is encouraging the government to create a new group of regulators to develop effective cybersecurity regulations for the financial industry.
Thanks for joining us, and stay tuned to our blog for more news each week.
Meagan Parrish is the Senior Manager of Social Media at Intralinks. She is responsible for social media strategy development and the communications for Intralinks' online communities. Meagan has been creating social media strategies for a variety of companies across verticals for the past several years. She holds Bachelor degrees in Marketing and Finance, with a minor in English Literature.