DealCloserBlog Roundup October 10
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting M&A and corporate development news. This week features dealmaking strategy, tactics, and cybersecurity,
11 October 2014
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the dealmaking updates, we do it for you. Each week we will share the top stories featured on our blog to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- It's a record year for M&A, and CNBC shares one strategy that may help diversify risk in dealmaking so you don't put all of your eggs in one basket.
- Speaking of M&A growth and strategy, dealmakers may have been thrown a curve-ball. According to the WSJ, a dealmaking tactic referred to as "bid for the bidder," which involves a company aiming to take over resilient targets, has been used in a quite a few recent deals. Find out more here.
- One sector in particular that has seen a recent boom in M&A activity is technology. The market is being driven by competition and innovation around services such as cloud computing, mobility and big data.
- In an effort to understand the risks that cyber-attacks pose to companies and their potential opportunities, HFMWeek has featured an article focused on cybersecurity.
- Miss this week’s biggest transactions? Check out Benzinga’s M&A chatter to catch up on the latest buzz.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned to our blog each week for more highlights.
Meagan Parrish is the Senior Manager of Social Media at Intralinks. She is responsible for social media strategy development and the communications for Intralinks' online communities. Meagan has been creating social media strategies for a variety of companies across verticals for the past several years. She holds Bachelor degrees in Marketing and Finance, with a minor in English Literature.