DealcloserBlog Roundup October 17
Welcome to your guide on M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and DCM news. This week features spinoffs, technology M&A and boutique banks.
17 October 2014
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the dealmaking updates, we do it for you. Each week we will share the top stories featured on our blog to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- By now, we all know that 2014 is turning out to be a record year for M&A. The bar is set high for 2015, but the success of "spinoffs" may keep this boom alive.
- Speaking of the M&A boom, according to MoneyBeat, a surge of IPOs and mergers contributed to this year's growth, coming from two big banks last quarter, Citigroup Inc and J.P. Morgan Chase.
- Additionally, deals in the Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT) sector helped this year's record number of M&A deals soar. In the first three quarters of 2014, global TMT reached transactions totaling U.S. $494.8 billion, according to Mergermarket – an increase of 20.4 percent over the same period last year.
- Technology has made all of our lives easier, but it wasn’t always part of our day-to-day processes, and this is especially true in financial modeling. Check out this blog to see how modeling has evolved over the last few decades.
- Are boutique banks running with the big dogs? According to recent research and news, boutique banks have been gaining more traction and even managing a few billion dollar deals.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned to our blog each week for more highlights.