DealCloserBlog Roundup October 3
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting M&A and corporate development news. This week features recently announced deals and cross-border M&A.
3 October 2014
Welcome to your guide on the most interesting M&A, corporate development, alternative investments and debt capital markets news and events.
Because you can’t follow all of the dealmaking updates, we do it for you. Each week we will share the top stories featured on our blog to catch you up to speed. Check these out …
- It is turning out to be a record year for dealmaking. Find out the top three deal sectors in 2014 and what to expect in 2015.
- Cross-border M&A continues to soar, but dealmakers still face regulatory hurdles and challenges. Check out this Mergermarket panel to see where the market is headed and how to manage risks.
- In that same manner, Facebook’s acquisition of WhatsApp for $19 billion looks to be heading to completion. It was approved by the Federal Trade Commission previously, and as of this week, the European Union gave the deal the green light.
- In one of the biggest technology buyouts of the year, Visa Equity Partners will buy Tibco Software for $4.3 billion, says DealBook.
- It looks like Warren Buffet has entered the car business – Berkshire Hathaway Inc. will acquire multiple dealerships across the United States.
Thanks for reading. Stay tuned to our blog each week for more highlights.
Meagan Parrish is the Senior Manager of Social Media at Intralinks. She is responsible for social media strategy development and the communications for Intralinks' online communities. Meagan has been creating social media strategies for a variety of companies across verticals for the past several years. She holds Bachelor degrees in Marketing and Finance, with a minor in English Literature.