APAC Rising: Looking Back at 2019 (and Ahead to a Promising 2020)
Our sales leader in the region reflects on the team’s accomplishments and what’s in the store for the coming year.
8 January 2020
2020 promises to be another transformative year in Asia-Pacific (APAC), which will no doubt be filled with a different set of challenges. Trade headwinds continue to weigh on M&A deal activity, and recession fears mean more cautious behavior from investors and corporations.
However, our ambitions remain resilient despite uncertainties. Digital transformation is blurring boundaries between investments as buyers in APAC are pursuing more cross-country and cross-sector deals compared to global counterparts. We’re particularly buoyed by growth in the alternative investments sector, and our new product launches are generating value for our clients.
I’m proud to say it was a phenomenal year for Intralinks in (APAC). Following several years of strong growth, the APAC team once again delivered double-digit growth. We now operate in 13 countries and APAC is the fastest-growing region of the business, a fact that our sales teams are immensely proud of. Beyond sales excellence, 2019 held many bright spots:
- Milestone headcount in APAC: We surpassed 100 team members across our sales, support and corporate teams. This reiterates our commitment to the region, which we’d set out from the very beginning when Intralinks first ventured into APAC: we’re here to stay for the long haul, to support our clients’ business, and to cement our place as the leading technology enabler for strategic transactions.
- Client Assist team “goes live”: To forge stronger partnerships with our clients and users (on top of our first-class 24/7/365 support in multiple languages), we launched a Dedicated Services Group in India in Q4 2019. Through months of hard work and tireless training from our customer success managers, it was especially satisfying to see everything come together globally to support this initiative. Clients and users can expect even better support with enhanced turnaround times for open tickets.
- Increased collaboration: An exponentially expanding team can naturally present its own growing pains, but that certainly hasn’t been the case as we increased our milestone headcount. Our leaders have taken deliberate steps in pushing for more cross-border collaboration, with sales teams getting exposure outside their own territories and HR leading initiatives to create greater cohesion.
On the horizon
On a more personal note, two key goals are close to my heart as I look forward to the year ahead:
- Developing, retaining, and attracting top talent in order to ensure our clients are served by the best in APAC
- Increase the level of collaboration and expertise and across the many countries we serve in APAC such that our clients can rely on us for knowledge on industry excellence and innovation
To our clients and friends in APAC, a big “thank you!” for your continued support this year. We’re looking forward to what the rest of the year will hold for us all.
Christophe joined Intralinks in 2019 as SVP – APAC Sales, overseeing 13 countries and the fastest-growing region of the business. Christophe’s mission is to lead the sales and marketing organization to a journey of innovation and continued growth to become the leading technology enabler for strategic transactions.
He brings to the team from prior roles two decades of experience in the technology and outsourcing sectors providing thought leadership and execution capability required for key large clients in their digital transformation programs.