Intralinks VIA™ brings expanded administrative capabilities to provide even greater visibility, governance and control to business groups
Intralinks® Holdings Inc. (NYSE: IL), a leading, global SaaS provider of inter-enterprise content management and collaboration solutions, today announced the latest release of Intralinks VIA™, its secure and scalable enterprise collaboration solution that helps organizations take lifetime control of their most important information and frees employees to reach new levels of productivity. The new release provides even greater visibility, governance and control over how an organization’s information is shared, while providing an easy-to-use experience that encourages collaborative working.
This latest release brings expanded capabilities for Intralinks VIA administrators, allowing them to gain control and manage policies that guide how users and business groups share and use information, all while providing complete visibility into their Intralinks VIA environment. For example, administrators can mandate the level of security that users must apply to their collaboration projects or can prevent certain users from syncing content with their personal devices.
“Working within the highly regulated healthcare industry, we needed a solution that provides the best security and controls, but was still simple to use for our employees, partners and customers,” said Simon A. Corman, director, Business Operations at IRB Services. “IRB Services independently approves, monitors and reviews biomedical and behavioral research involving humans and works with many of the largest pharmaceutical and research organizations. We needed a robust collaboration solution that protects the sensitive information we share with customers, and we knew we could trust Intralinks.”
Some of the additional capabilities available with this latest release include:
- Setting policies for sharing work streams: Enables administrators to limit a business group’s ability to create specific types of work streams, providing a standard for security on documents. For example, administrators can disable business group users’ ability to share documents with public work streams and require that users create work streams with digital rights management enabled by default, which helps avoid inadvertent data leakage issues.
- Determining on which desktop devices users can access their Intralinks VIA Drive: Enables administrators to track the devices a business group member uses to log in and, depending on the type of device, either allows or disallows access. Also enables administrators to disallow devices that were previously allowed – for example, if someone loses a laptop.
- Enabling Remote Wipe: Allows administrators to remotely wipe all content from all synchronized devices that are no longer trusted or that fall outside of their control. Significantly, this feature works whether the device is online or offline.
- Defining work stream archive dates: Enables administrators to easily comply with corporate archiving policies and manage the complete lifecycle of files.
- Creating enhanced reports: Enables administrators to generate granular audit and usage reports that provide a holistic view of the Intralinks VIA environment. This facilitates IT teams’ efforts to comply with audit requirements and analyze business users’ usage of the application.
- Provisioning trial accounts for new users: Enables administrators to easily self-manage accounts and add users for free trials or paid accounts for members of their business groups without needing to go back to an account team for service.
Built upon a proven technology used by over 99 percent of the global Fortune 1000, Intralinks VIA goes beyond file sharing to ensure that productive work gets done and protects that work wherever it travels. Intralinks VIA can be trusted by busy professionals as they work across a network of increasingly complex external business communities, knowing that they can UNshare™ access to shared content at any time with the click of a button, even after it has been sent beyond the firewall.
Pricing and Availability
This latest release of Intralinks VIA is immediately available as a free 30-day trial at http://www.intralinks.com/via.
Intralinks Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: IL) is a leading, global technology provider of inter-enterprise content management and collaboration solutions. Through innovative Software-as-a-Service solutions, Intralinks solutions are designed to enable the secure and compliant exchange, control, and management of information between organizations when working through the firewall. More than 2.7 million professionals at 99% of the Fortune 1000 companies depend on Intralinks' experience. With a track record of enabling high-stakes transactions and business collaborations valued at more than $23.5 trillion, Intralinks is a trusted provider of easy-to-use, enterprise strength, cloud-based collaboration solutions. For more information, visit www.intralinks.com.
Forward Looking Statements
The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements are express or implied statements that are not based on historical information and include, among other things, statements concerning Intralinks’ plans, intentions, expectations, projections, hopes, beliefs, objectives, goals and strategies. These statements are neither promises nor guarantees, but are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control and could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in these forward-looking statements. Accordingly, there can be no assurance that the results expressed, projected or implied by any forward-looking statements will be achieved, and readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements. The forward-looking statements in this press release speak only as of the date hereof. As such, Intralinks undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information contained in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise. For a detailed list of the factors and risks that could affect Intralinks’ financial results, please refer to Intralinks’ public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year-ended December 31, 2012 and subsequent quarterly reports.
Trademarks and Copyright
“Intralinks” and Intralinks’ stylized logo are the registered trademarks of Intralinks, Inc. This press release may also refer to trade names and trademarks of other organizations without reference to their status as registered trademarks. © 2013 Intralinks, Inc. All rights reserved.