“We are very pleased to have achieved record revenue performance in the third quarter. We are making good progress against our strategic initiatives, delivering continued strong M&A revenue growth, progressing on repositioning our enterprise business and adding key product capabilities to our DCM platform,” said Ron Hovsepian, Intralinks' president and CEO.
Third Quarter 2013
- Total revenue was $59.1 million, compared to $54.8 million for the corresponding quarter last year.
- M&A revenue was $28.7 million, compared to $23.9 million for the corresponding quarter last year.
- Enterprise revenue was $23.2 million, compared to $23.8 million for the corresponding quarter last year.
- DCM revenue was $7.2 million, compared to $7.0 million for the corresponding quarter last year.
- GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) gross margin was 73.1%, compared to 72.2% for the corresponding quarter last year. Non-GAAP gross margin was 76.9%, compared to 76.1% for the corresponding quarter last year.
- GAAP operating loss was ($2.6) million, compared to ($1.8) million for the corresponding quarter last year. Non-GAAP adjusted operating income was $5.4 million, compared to $5.8 million for the corresponding quarter last year.
- GAAP net loss was ($2.5) million, compared to ($1.3) million for the corresponding quarter last year. GAAP net loss per share for the third quarter was ($0.05) on the basis of 55.2 million shares outstanding. In the comparable period of the prior year, GAAP net loss per share was ($0.02) on the basis of 54.4 million shares outstanding.
- Non-GAAP adjusted net income was $3.0 million, compared to $3.2 million for the corresponding quarter last year. Non-GAAP adjusted net income per share was $0.05 on the basis of 56.3 million shares outstanding. In the corresponding quarter for the prior year, non-GAAP adjusted net income per share was $0.06 on the basis of 54.9 million shares outstanding.
- Non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA was $10.7 million, compared to $10.6 million for the corresponding quarter last year.
- Cash, restricted cash and investments were $81.8 million at the end of the quarter, up from $75.3 million at the end of last year.
Based on information available as of November 7, 2013, Intralinks is providing guidance for the fourth quarter 2013 as follows:
Fourth Quarter 2013
- Revenue: $57.0 million to $59.0 million
- GAAP operating loss: ($3.8) million to ($4.8) million
- Non-GAAP adjusted operating income: $3.1 million to $4.1 million
- Non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA: $8.5 million to $9.5 million
- GAAP net loss per share: ($0.06) to ($0.07)
- Non-GAAP net income per share: $0.02 to $0.03
Quarterly Conference Call
In conjunction with this announcement, Intralinks will host a conference call on Thursday, November 7, 2013, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) to discuss the company's financial results and its business outlook. To access this call, dial 877-300-8521 (domestic) or 412-317-6026 (international). A passcode is not required. The call will also be webcast live on the investor relations section of the Intralinks website at www.intralinks.com/ir. In conjunction with this call, there will also be slides with supplemental information available at that same website location.
Following the conference call, a replay will be available until November 14, 2013, at 877-870-5176 (domestic) or 858-384-5517 (international). The passcode for the replay is 10035203. An archived webcast of the call will also be available on the investor relations section on the Intralinks website at www.intralinks.com/ir.
Intralinks Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: IL) is a leading, global technology provider of inter-enterprise content management and collaboration solutions. Through innovative Software-as-a-Service solutions, Intralinks solutions are designed to enable the secure and compliant exchange, control, and management of information between organizations when working through the firewall. More than 2.7 million professionals at 99% of the Fortune 1000 companies depend on Intralinks' experience. With a track record of enabling high-stakes transactions and business collaborations valued at more than $23.5 trillion, Intralinks is a trusted provider of easy-to-use, enterprise strength, cloud-based collaboration solutions. For more information, visit www.Intralinks.com.
Non-GAAP Financial Measures
This press release includes information about certain financial measures that are not prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles in the United States (“GAAP” or “U.S. GAAP”), including non-GAAP gross profit and gross margin, non-GAAP adjusted operating income and margin, non-GAAP adjusted net income, non-GAAP adjusted net income per share and non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA. These non-GAAP measures are not based on any standardized methodology prescribed by GAAP and are not necessarily comparable to similar measures presented by other companies.
Management defines its non-GAAP financial measures as follows:
- Non-GAAP gross profit represents the corresponding GAAP measure adjusted to exclude (1) stock-based compensation expense and (2) amortization of intangible assets, if any.
- Non-GAAP adjusted operating income represents the corresponding GAAP measure adjusted to exclude (1) stock-based compensation expense, (2) amortization of intangible assets, (3) impairment charges or asset write-offs and (4) costs related to public stock offerings, if any.
- Non-GAAP adjusted net income represents the corresponding GAAP measure adjusted to exclude (1) stock-based compensation expense, (2) amortization of intangible assets, (3) impairment charges or asset write-offs, (4) costs related to debt repayments and (5) costs related to public stock offerings, if any. Non-GAAP adjusted net income is calculated using an estimated long-term effective tax rate.
- Non-GAAP net income per share represents non-GAAP adjusted net income (defined above) divided by fully diluted weighted average shares outstanding.
- Non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA represents net (loss) income adjusted to exclude (1) interest expense, (2) income tax provision (benefit), (3) depreciation and amortization, (4) amortization of intangible assets, (5) stock-based compensation expense, (6) amortization of debt issuance costs, (7) other (income) expense, net, (8) impairment charges or asset write-offs and (9) costs related to public stock offerings, if any.
- Free cash flow represents net cash provided by operating activities less capital expenditures and capitalized software development costs.
Management believes that these non-GAAP financial measures, when viewed with our results under U.S. GAAP and the accompanying reconciliations, provide useful information about our period-over-period growth and provide additional information that is useful for evaluating our operating performance. In addition, free cash flow provides management with useful information for managing the cash needs of our business. Management also believes that these non-GAAP financial measures provide a more meaningful comparison of our operating results against those of other companies in our industry, as well as on a period-to-period basis, because these measures exclude items that are not representative of our operating performance, such as amortization of intangible assets, interest expense and fair value adjustments to the interest rate swap. Management believes that including these costs in our results of operations results in a lack of comparability between our operating results and those of our peers in the industry, the majority of which are not highly leveraged and do not have comparable amortization expense related to intangible assets. However, non-GAAP gross profit, non-GAAP adjusted operating income, non-GAAP adjusted net income, non-GAAP adjusted net income per share, non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA and free cash flow are not measures of financial performance under U.S. GAAP and, accordingly, should not be considered substitutes for or superior to gross profit, operating income, net income (loss), and net cash provided by operating activities as indicators of operating performance.
Reconciliations of GAAP to Non-GAAP financial measures have been provided in the tables included in this press release.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. This press release contains express or implied forward-looking statements that are not based on historical information relating to, among other things, expectations and assumptions concerning management's forecast of financial performance, future business growth, and management's plans, objectives, and strategies. These statements are neither promises nor guarantees, but are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those contemplated in these forward-looking statements. In particular, the risks and uncertainties include, among other things: the uncertainty of our future profitability; our ability to sustain positive cash flow; periodic fluctuations in our operating results; risks related to our substantial debt balances; our ability to maintain the security and integrity of our systems; our ability to increase our penetration in our principal existing markets and expand into additional markets; our dependence on the volume of financial and strategic business transactions; our dependence on customer referrals; our ability to maintain and expand our direct sales capabilities; our ability to develop and maintain strategic relationships to sell and deliver our solutions; customer renewal rates; our ability to maintain the compatibility of our services with third-party applications; competition and our ability to maintain our average sales prices; our ability to adapt to changing technologies; interruptions or delays in our service; international risks; our ability to protect our intellectual property; costs of being a public company; and risks related to changes in laws, regulations or governmental policy including tax regulations. Further information on these and other factors that could affect our financial results is contained in our public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time, including our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012 and subsequent quarterly reports. Existing and prospective investors are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date hereof.
Intralinks undertakes no obligation to update or revise the information contained in this press release, whether as a result of new information, future events or circumstances or otherwise.
“Intralinks” and the Intralinks logo are registered trademarks of Intralinks, Inc. “Intralinks VIA” is a trademark of Intralinks, Inc. © 2013. All rights reserved.
Intralinks Holdings, Inc. Consolidated Balance Sheets
Intralinks Holdings, Inc. Consolidated Statements of Operations
Intralinks Holdings, Inc. Consolidated Statements of Cash Flows
Intralinks Holdings, Inc. Reconciliation of GAAP to Non-GAAP Financial Measures
Intralinks Holdings, Inc. Reconciliation of GAAP to Non-GAAP Financial Measures - Guidance