Cette étude de la Cass Business School examine le processus des transactions de fusion-acquisition (M&A) pour établir comment le processus de due diligence est influencé par les propriétés de la transaction, et déterminer l’incidence de la due diligence sur les négociations et le succès de la transaction.
This Cass Business School study examines the process of merger and acquisition transactions (M&As) to infer how the due diligence process is affected by the properties of a deal, as well as the impact of due diligence on deal negotiations and deal success.
Key findings include:
- Longer due diligence results in a higher likelihood of deal success
- Longer due diligence is to the advantage of the buyer (and to the disadvantage of the seller)
- Due diligence is done more quickly on public companies
- Due diligence is done more quickly on larger targets
- Most M&A leaks are likely to be intentional
Read this study to get a better understanding of the due diligence process required to achieve deal success.