Virtual Roundtable: COVID-19 Complicates the Retail Sector
The Retail market has been pummeled by the pandemic. Will it have the stamina to stay in the ring?
With consumer spending down, investors are moving their bets to new investments. Can the industry fight back – or even make it to the next round?
We recently sponsored a high-level briefing of our new Retail Industry report, COVID-19 Complicates the Retail Sector, held in conjunction with PitchBook, followed by a virtual roundtable discussion of the Retail sector with our team of industry experts. The panel explored:
- Expected consumer discretionary spending, post-COVID-19
- The precipitous drop in retail M&A deals year-to-date
- Perspectives on whether retail valuations have reached bottom, or are primed to take another hit
- Elizabeth Lim, Senior Market Intelligence Analyst, SS&C Intralinks
- Lisa Hooker, Partner and Leader of Industry for Consumer Markets, PwC
- Moderator Ben Collins, Director of M&A Product Marketing & Strategy, SS&C Intralinks