What Lies Ahead For Debt Capital Markets in 2021?
2020 has been one of mixed fortunes as some segments of the debt capital markets (DCM) showed resilience in a tough environment while others struggled to remain afloat. What lies ahead for DCM in 2021?
Recently Intralinks and Institutional Asset Manager brought together a panel of DCM investment professionals for a lively discussion on the outlook for various DCM segments and factors impacting performance and appeal.
Watch this discussion replay for insights into where opportunity and yield may be uncovered amid an expected landscape of volatility, loan defaults, tighter liquidity, regulatory risk and evolving geopolitics. Topics include:
- Changes to allocations given 2020 events and 2021 expectations
- Macro factors affecting DCM investing strategies
- Technology considerations amid remote dealmaking and due diligence
- The growing role of direct lending and private credit
- Brandon Laughren, Chief Investment Officer of Laughren Group, Single Family Office
- Angele Paris, Contributing Editor, Institutional Asset Manager
- David Wilson, Senior Account Executive, Intralinks
- 1 hour
Interested in what debt capital investors are thinking and planning for next year?
Download our new 2021 DCM Investor Survey, featuring the results of more than 100 DCM investors surveyed worldwide, conducted and published in conjunction with Institutional Asset Manager, to learn about investors’ preferred asset classes, expectations from bankers and issuers, and more.