Intralinks® for Financial Investigations
Intralinks helps investigators control and securely share sensitive business documents for activities such as discovery, review, and analysis.
Due to heightened regulatory scrutiny, financial services firms face increasing pressure to quickly detect, investigate, and analyze suspicious activities. Regulators have little tolerance for non-compliance as highlighted by recent multi-billion dollar sanctions for offenses such as money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, and corruption. More impactful than monetary sanctions and criminal penalties are the accompanying negative publicity and resulting damage to brand image and customer trust.
Compliance violations are more sophisticated than ever before. Firms are challenged to respond to suspicious activity rapidly with highly complex analytics that involve myriad combinations of accounts, individuals, and institutions. The need has never been greater to control and securely share large volumes of data outside the organization. Many firms lack the necessary safeguards to protect this sensitive information and the resources to expedite and accurately document the increasingly complex investigation process.
Investigations involve the secure collection and distribution of large volumes of sensitive information. When files are large, in different formats, and stored in hard drives, network drives, and content management systems, file sharing is highly inefficient. Unencrypted files are exchanged through unsecured channels like postal mail, email, USB drives, and FTP.
Investigations may also lack documentation to prove what information was reviewed, the actions taken, and personnel involved. This evidence can demonstrate the response to suspicious activity was rapid, well managed, and comprehensive. Consider the following risks:
- Sensitive and confidential business documents may be lost, leaked, or compromised
- Parties may claim not to have received files within requested timeframes
- Undocumented activities delay and impede the determination of wrongdoing and accountability
- Inaccurate or incomplete documentation limits litigation support
How Intralinks can help
- Used by more than 75% of the largest US and European banking and securities firms, Intralinks enables companies to manage complex investigations quickly and efficiently.
- Our time-tested secure platform controls document sharing and provides state-of-the-art tools for oversight and monitoring.
- Our security and risk model is designed for financial institutions, so efficiency is improved, productivity is accelerated, and risk is managed with less reliance on your busy IT team.
Share files in a highly secure environment
- Confidently share files using time-tested, comprehensive security and encryption
- Reduce the risk of sensitive or confidential documents leaking
- Seamlessly exchange information between Intralinks and existing content management systems
Take complete control of your business documents
- Control access at the group, user, and document level with full, auditable controls
- Automatically generate compliance activity reports of files, users, and groups
- Monitor in real time when files are added, deleted, edited, and shared – and by whom
- Access files anytime, anywhere through mobile applications and desktop synchronization
- Manage Workspaces with centralized administration or allow users to administer their own
- Improve productivity and accuracy with Workspace and folder constructs to classify and organize files
- Replace hard copies with a controlled and collaborative digital environment
Rapid rollout, ready-to-go
- Rapidly deploy Workspaces and provision internal/external users based on changing business requirements using a safe, flexible SaaS model
- Improve IT efficiency through easy onboarding and set-up that requires little IT involvement and no increases in infrastructure or support costs
- Reduce manual activities and errors thanks to proven integration with enterprise content management systems
Learn more about the benefits Intralinks offers to providers of financial services: