The Growing Importance of ESG in European M&A16 December 2022
Today we're looking at the growing importance of environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) in European mergers and acquisitions (M&A).
Joining us to discuss the topic is Tanja Gihr, managing director and head of ESG advisory EMEA, sustainable & impact banking (SIB) at Barclays Investment Bank.
"ESG is so fast-moving," says Gihr. "If you stand still, you’re left behind."
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- The variance of implementing ESG in Europe
- Increase of sponsor-side ESG workstreams in dealmaking to identify risks and costs
- How sellers are highlighting their ESG quality to show they are an attractive asset
- Challenges of measuring and integrating ESG and financial data without standardization
- Growing concerns about greenwashing
- What’s next for ESG in Europe and beyond
Free ESG white paper: Temperature’s Rising: The Growing Importance of ESG to EMEA M&A
Dealcast is presented by Mergermarket and SS&C Intralinks.