The business environment is experiencing rapid changes that are driving companies of all sizes to reevaluate how they exchange information and ideas in a safe and cost-effective manner.
Globalization and mobility are creating more dispersed workplaces, and making it more difficult for employees to communicate with one another or with a host of external parties on a face-to-face basis. Instead, most organizations rely on an assortment of physical and electronic communications methods to transmit important documents and corporate information inside and outside their offices.
Yet, businesses that must share highly proprietary information across their organizations or with outside firms are becoming increasingly aware of the security and compliance risks associated with these activities. While they would like to implement more rigorous security and compliance measures to offset these risks, they also want to streamline their business processes to encourage greater internal collaboration and better external communication as well.
Therefore, organizations of all sizes and especially those that rely on sensitive document-centric processes are seeking a new approach to critical information exchange. This approach is particularly important for processes such as:
- Financial transactions (acquisitions, divestitures, loan and lease syndication, real estate sales, capital raising, etc.)
- Regulatory compliance and audit processes
- Alliance, partnership, joint venture and licensing management
- RFP and large-scale project management
- Investor reporting and board of directors communication