abrdn Examines The Thriving Private Equity Secondaries Market 202223 September 2022
In this week’s podcast, we discuss the private equity secondaries market. We explore how the sponsor-led secondaries segment is thriving, while the market for classic LP portfolio secondaries has been rather subdued. To learn more, we’re joined by abrdn’s Patrick Knechtli, head of secondaries, private equity; Jin Yan-Staal, investment director; and Cameron Graham, deputy head of secondaries, private equity. Dealcast is presented by Mergermarket and SS&C Intralinks.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Why secondaries are appealing to investors
- Drivers of growth in GP-led secondary transactions despite market volatility
- Can market growth in the GP-led space be maintained?
- Potential impact of scrutiny from regulators
- How LP portfolio secondaries will evolve in an uncertain environment
Dealmakers, sign up for our monthly INsights newsletter here.