The Future of Data and Reporting in Private Equity
How technology and standards will further deepen GP/LP relationships.
Recently Intralinks and Privcap Media gathered a panel of investment industry experts for an important discussion on the impacts of new digital technologies and standards initiatives on the GP-LP relationship. Our panel offered expert commentary and actionable insights on advancements on fund reporting, investor portals, management software and digital platforms, and other transformative investment industry technologies. Topics included:
- How the pandemic has put a fine point on the need for efficient digital IR?
- It has been long remarked that LPs have a voracious demand for information about their portfolios. Has that refined or grown over recent years?
- What constitutes a disappointing IR experience from the LP's perspective?
- What percentage of total information is available 24/7 for LPs to access themselves, versus needing to request it from the GP?
- What has changed with regard to the information LPs seek about how valuations are arrived at?
- What standards initiatives have moved the needle in GP/LP relations, and what’s on the horizon?
- What tech/software breakthroughs do you think will move the needle in GP/LP relations?
- How far along is ESG towards standardized reporting?
- Jim Rutherfurd, Managing Director & Head of IR, Pine Brook
- Neal Prunier, Director, Standards & Best Practices, Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA)
- Meghan McAlpine, Director, Strategy & Product Marketing, SS&C Intralinks
- David Snow (Moderator), Partner, Privcap Media