Intralinks for Regulatory Risk and Compliance Reporting
Manage risk. Don’t let risk manage you.
The global financial crisis of 2008 generated intense public skepticism of financial services markets and catalyzed unprecedented regulatory change, including new global and domestic oversight entities. The increased scrutiny has heightened CEO and board-level awareness, while the ever-growing cost of compliance continues to adversely impact investor returns. Operationalizing these regulatory and compliance requirements is challenging – and that’s where Intralinks comes in.
We provide a secure SaaS-based platform that’s configurable for a broad range of risk and compliance requirements, from streamlining know-your-customer (KYC) compliance to managing cybersecurity programs, audits and more.
Find our how Intralinks can help you.
Regulatory risk management.
Risk and compliance professionals face an endless flow of regulatory changes that impact their enterprise risk profile. Failure to understand the scope of these changes and operational impacts may significantly increase your firm’s exposure to compliance risk.
While the stakes are rising, risk and compliance professionals are tasked to do more with limited resources and budgets. Intralinks helps you:
- Standardize enterprise-wide information sharing
- Enable global financial intelligence units to detect money laundering and other sources of risk
- Manage high-risk financial investigations in partnership with internal teams, outside advisors and regulators
- Reduce vendor risk and improve third-party risk management by securing the flow of confidential and personally identifiable information (PII)
The global financial crisis revealed the need for banks to improve their ability to collect and report data, regardless of location or format. In fact, many believe the lack of reporting capabilities contributed to the length and severity of the financial crisis. Intralinks enables you to:
- Standardize best practices to control and secure data aggregation and reporting
- Eliminate business and geographical silos
- Reduce turnaround time for document requests
External monitors and auditing process.
Firms often find that working with an external compliance monitor is a challenging process. It is critical to have the proper infrastructure to securely share confidential documents that are accurate, timely and complete, or you run the risk of non-compliance. Intralinks enables banks to gather and distribute business documents to court-ordered independent monitors or external auditors, while providing tight control over access permissions. Use Intralinks to:
- Improve efficiency and responsiveness to monitor requests
- Enable auditable and secure management of workflows
In a rapidly changing regulatory environment, communicating mandatory information to regulators can be both a significant operational burden and a risk to financial institutions that fail to carefully control the process. Gaps in regulatory reporting processes can compromise high-risk information, cause inaccurate submissions and result in loss of regulator confidence. Intralinks provides structure for this process by allowing banks to:
- Maintain ongoing exam and audit readiness
- Securely work with internal stakeholders and key external partners to assemble highly sensitive regulatory information
- Easily submit required information with a strong audit trail
Auditing and compliance: security always comes first.
Financial firms are under a lot of pressure. You must process information requests quickly, protect PII, safeguard proprietary data and ensure that communications practices comply with company and industry regulations. With Intralinks, you can:
- Use powerful analytics and reporting capabilities to provide complete visibility into document status and activity
- Protect files with Intralinks UNshare® plugin-free information rights management, so you can grant or revoke data access at any time
Want to learn how we can benefit you?