Back to School: How M&A Can Save Indian Ed Tech15 July 2022
India’s Ed Tech sector saw a surge in investments during the COVID-19 pandemic. With the reopening of schools and restrictions lifted, there has since been a massive correction in the market. In this week’s episode, we’re looking at the rise, fall and potential comeback of Ed Tech in India with Ridhima Saxena, senior financial reporter for Mergermarket. Dealcast is presented by Mergermarket and SS&C Intralinks.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Factors that bolstered Ed Tech and the dramatic correction
- Drop in tech valuations in India and globally
- The shift to a funding slowdown
- Impact of extended investor-led due diligence periods
- Anticipated M&A that can help the industry rebound through consolidation
Dealmakers, sign up for our monthly INsights newsletter here.