Can IPOs Come Back in EMEA?10 February 2023
In this episode of Dealcast, we're looking at equity capital markets (ECM) activity in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) in 2022 and what 2023 holds for initial public offerings (IPOs). Joining us to shed more light on the topic is an expert on the topic, Samuel Kerr, senior ECM editor for EMEA at Mergermarket.
“Despite a terrible year, [in 2022] we had two of the biggest deals [Porsche and DEWA] we’ve ever had in the region,” Samuel says. “For the right name, investors are still willing to commit. And that should give a little hope to the IPO market in 2023.”
Listen to this episode to learn:
- The reasons behind low ECM issuance in 2022
- Growth of the Abu Dhabi and Dubai stock exchanges
- What it will take for deal volumes to increase in 2023
- Sectors and types of deals to keep an eye on this year
- Upcoming European IPOs and corporate carve-outs to watch for
Dealcast is presented by Mergermarket and SS&C Intralinks.