Global M&A Themes From 2022 and Outlook for 202327 January 2023
Today, we’re looking at global mergers and acquisitions (M&A) dealmaking trends of 2022 and how 2023 will shape up in the next 12 months.
Joining us is Lucinda Guthrie, the executive editor of M&A and ECM for ION Analytics.
“We’re likely to see lower multiples,” Lucinda predicts. “Valuations are going to come down a bit, and I think a lot of people are going to be more cautious about what they’re buying.”
Listen to learn about:
- How 2022 dealmaking compared to the previous year
- Regional M&A trends and standout deals in the past 12 months
- The private equity (PE) deal environment
- Overall expectations for M&A in 2023
- How PE firms will approach deals in 2023
- Trends to watch: Environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG), different deal structures to match cash flows with valuations, more comprehensive due diligence and regulatory scrutiny
Dealcast is presented by Mergermarket and SS&C Intralinks.