China’s Amended Anti-Monopoly Law Has Big Changes But Needs Clarity29 July 2022
In this week’s episode, we’re discussing new amendments to China’s merger review regime that go into effect on August 1, 2022. Joining us is Shirley Feng, China regulatory reporter based in Beijing, and Lisha Zhou, the China managing editor for DealReporter and PaRR based in Shanghai. Dealcast is presented by Mergermarket and SS&C Intralinks.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- Overview of amendments to the Anti-Monopoly Law in China
- Threshold and expected impact of deals affected
- Explanation of categorization and classification in the review
- Introduction of the stop-the-clock clock mechanism
- Implications of new clauses
- Enhanced penalties for gun-jumping violations
Dealmakers, sign up for our monthly INsights newsletter here.