Latin America M&A: What’s Next in 2023?27 December 2022
In this episode, we discuss the election of Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva (a.k.a Lula) as president of Brazil for a third term and what effect it will have on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity in Latin America with Carlos Martinez, deputy editor for Mergermarket in Latin America.
Listen to learn about:
- The current state of M&A dealmaking in Latin America
- How Lula’s administration could impact transactions in Brazil
- Why Renewables is a sector to watch in Brazil
- The potential impact of economic challenges on LATAM M&A
- Investor reaction to political headwinds in Peru, Colombia and Chile
- Bright spots for M&A in Latin America in 2023
Dealcast is presented by Mergermarket and SS&C Intralinks.
Hello, dealmaker! Sign up for our monthly INsights newsletter here for must-read market analysis and thought leadership, delivered right to your inbox.