M&A Opportunities in LATAM’s Red-Hot Pet Care Industry28 October 2022
Argentina’s President Alberto Fernández has an Instagram account for his collie called Dylan. Chile’s President Gabriel Boric has one too for his “first dog” Brownie. With an estimated 120 million pet dogs in Latin America (LATAM), not to mention rising ownership of pet parents to cats, birds and other animals, a confluence of trends in Latin America is creating strategic opportunities for corporates and private equity firms, from pet food and retailers to health care and insurance. Our conversation with Ana Toral, Mergermarket’s correspondent for Chile, discusses the paws-itive news.
Listen, and you’ll learn about:
- Corporate evolution of Latin America’s pet care market
- Hottest regions, countries and sectors in the market
- Brazil’s dominance in market share
- Key local and international players leveraging M&A for inorganic growth
- Potential acquisition targets in the region
Dealcast is presented by Mergermarket and SS&C Intralinks.
Hello, dealmaker! Sign up for our monthly INsights newsletter here for must-read market analysis and thought leadership, delivered right to your inbox.